At Le Gallais & Luce we are legally required to obtain identification and verification documents when establishing a client relationship.
1. Proof of identity
Please provide a certified copy of one of the following acceptable documents:
- Driving Licence
- Identity card
Please note the link at the bottom of this page, which contains a form prepared for your assistance for submitting certified copy of a photo identification.
2. Proof of residential address
Please provide an original or certified copy of two of the following, acceptable documents. Please also note that apart from tenancy agreement all documents and letters are to be no more than 3 months old:
- Correspondence from a governmental department (tax office, social security, parish hall)
- A bank statement
- Utility bills (e.g. water, gas, electricity, main telephone line). General invoices (e.g. house content or car insurance) or mobile phone bills are not acceptable.
- A current tenancy contract or agreement
- Original, signed letter from employer (on their headed paper)
- Original, signed letter from Residential Home Manager (on their headed paper)
3. Suitable certifiers
Please note that certified copies must be signed by one of the following, who must state their full name and capacity in which they are signing (self-certification or by a family member or close relation are not acceptable):
- A member of the judiciary, a senior civil servant, or a serving police or customs officer
- An officer of an embassy, consulate or high commission of the country of issue of documentary evidence of identity
- An accountant, doctor, practicing lawyer or notary public who is a member of a recognised professional body
- A director, officer or manager of a regulated financial services business which is operating in a well-regulated jurisdiction
4. Suitable wording of the certification
Please note that the person carrying out the certification need to state:
- “I hereby certify that this is a true copy of the original document.”
- “I hereby certify that this is a true copy of the original document and that the photograph bears a true likeness of ________________ .”
Certifiers need to provide their details, sign and date the certification documents.
Download loadable version and form:
Le Gallais & Luce is a Member Firm of THe Law Society of Jersey and is registered with the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner in their capacity as the Data Protection Authority. The Firm obtains client personal information in the course of the Client Due Dilgence process and satisfactory completion of our take-on procedures. The personal information held is restricted to that required for Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing purposes.