Although the name was originally established in 1928 when Mr Hedley Luce entered into a partnership with Mr George Frederick Durell Le Gallais, its roots can be traced through to Mr Le Gallais back to 1889, when he practiced in 6 Hill Street.
During the period of 1901 to 1972, the firm provided three Crown Solicitors for Jersey and, as such, represented the crown as well as the Island’s government and administration for a total of 48 years. This came to an end in 1972 when the States of Jersey established a civil service department for this purpose.
At Le Gallais & Luce we are rightfully proud of our heritage and strive to retain the traditional values of client care and professionalism in everything we do. However, as we also realise that today’s clients require modern solutions to their problems, all of our staff are able to provide expert, pragmatic advice tailored to the specific needs of our clients
This combination of traditional values and a total understanding of the latest legal thinking ensure that all our clients receive a very personal service, as well as the most up to date and appropriate legal advice at all times.